NCNZ Accredited Competence Assessment Programme™
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is a New Zealand Nursing Council accredited Competency Assessment Programme (CAP) provider.
For CAP registration enquiries and applications please email .
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is accredited by the Nursing Council of New Zealand to provide Competency Assessment Programmes for internationally registered nurses (IQNs) seeking New Zealand nursing registration.
Nurses wishing to complete the competency assessment programme must meet New Zealand Nursing Council criteria and be approved by Nursing Council to do so. Nurses interested in undertaking a competency assessment programme are required to follow the process set out by the Nursing Council, and prior to enquiring should first visit the New Zealand Nursing Council website for candidate information.
If you have met the Nursing Council criteria and wish to undertake a competency course at Rannerdale, further information in relation to; the application process, eligibility for placement and course associated costs are contained within the Rannerdale CAP Information Book.
If your application is successful, international candidates (and candidates traveling from other parts of New Zealand) qualify to board in our onsite accommodation while completing the course. Further information in relation to this can be found within the CAP Student Accommodation.
2019 CAP Intake Dates
Please submit your applications for screening as soon as possible to be considered for one of the intakes below:
CAP PROGRAMME DATES 2019:
- Monday 21st January – Sunday 3rd March **INTAKE IS NOW FULL**
- Monday 25th February – Sunday 7th April **INTAKE IS NOW FULL**
- Monday 1st April – Sunday 12th May **INTAKE IS NOW FULL**
- Monday 6th May – Sunday 16th June **INTAKE IS NOW FULL **
- Monday 10th June – Sunday 21st July **INTAKE IS NOW FULL**
- Monday 15th July – Sunday 25th August **APPLICATIONS CLOSED**
- Monday 19th August – Sunday 29th September **APPLICATIONS CLOSED**
- Monday 23rd September – Sunday 3rd November
- Monday 28th October – Sunday 8th December
The programme runs for six weeks (2 weeks theory, 4 weeks clinical)
If you would like to apply, please email the following documentation to
1) Rannerdale Application Form
2) Competency Assessment Programme acceptance letter from the Nursing Council of New Zealand
3) IELTs or OET results (clubbed results are not currently being accepted)
4) A copy of your passport (if already residing / working in NZ a copy of your visa is also required)
5) Your Curriculum Vitae, outlining relevant nursing qualifications and experience (N.B. Rannerdale only accepts applications from internationally qualified nurses who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing. We do not place nurses holding hospital certificates or diplomas) Four years clinical experience required
6) Letters of employment (containing employment commencement and finish dates), stating the responsibilities of the position held
International Criminal History Record results will be required after your placement is confirmed.