Nursing Council of New Zealand Accredited Competence Assessment Programme™
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is an accredited provider of the New Zealand Nursing Council’s Competence Assessment Programme.
For Nursing CAP registration enquiries and applications please email .
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is accredited by the Nursing Council of New Zealand to provide Competency Assessment Programmes for nurses who have previously held New Zealand nursing registration (who have been out of nursing practice for five or more years and are wishing to return to practise), and for internationally registered nurses (IQNs) seeking New Zealand nursing registration.
Nurses wishing to complete the competency assessment programme must meet New Zealand Nursing Council criteria and be approved by Nursing Council to do so. Nurses interested in undertaking a competency assessment programme are required to follow the process set out by the Nursing Council, and prior to enquiring should first visit the New Zealand Nursing Council website for candidate information.
If you have met the Nursing Council criteria and wish to undertake a competency course at Rannerdale further information in relation to; the application process, eligibility for placement and course associated costs are contained within the Rannerdale CAP Information Booklet.
If your application is successful, international candidates (and candidates traveling from other parts of New Zealand) qualify to board in our onsite accommodation while completing the course. Further information in relation to this can be found within the CAP Student Accommodation Information Sheet.
We are no longer accepting applications for June or August 2017 as they are full.
We are currently screening applications for the October intake. This course runs from 16th October to 26th November 2017.
CAP PROGRAMME DATES 2018:
- Monday 15th January – Sunday 25th February
- Monday 19th March – Sunday 29th April
- Monday 21st May – Sunday 1st July
- Monday 23rd July – Sunday 2nd September
- Monday 24th September – Sunday 4th November
The programme runs for six weeks (2 weeks theory, 4 weeks clinical).
If you would like to apply, please email the following documentation to .
1) Letter of approval to undertake a competency assessment programme (from the Nursing Council of New Zealand)
2) IELTs or OET results
3) A copy of your passport
4) International Criminal History Record results (a report is required for each country that you have lived in for more than 6 months consecutively)
5) Your Curriculum Vitae, outlining relevant nursing qualifications and experience (N.B. Rannerdale only accepts applications from internationally qualified nurses who hold a Bachelors Degree in nursing. We do not place nurses holding hospital certificates or diplomas)
6) Letters of employment (containing employment commencement and finish dates), stating the responsibilities of the position held