Nursing Council of New Zealand Accredited Competence Assessment Programme™
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is an accredited provider of the New Zealand Nursing Council’s Competence Assessment Programme.
For Nursing CAP registration enquiries and applications please email .
Rannerdale Veterans’ Care is accredited by the Nursing Council of New Zealand to provide Competency Assessment Programmes for nurses who have previously held New Zealand nursing registration (who have been out of nursing practice for five or more years and are wishing to return to practise), and for internationally registered nurses (IQNs) seeking New Zealand nursing registration.
Nurses wishing to complete the competency assessment programme must meet New Zealand Nursing Council criteria and be approved by Nursing Council to do so. Nurses interested in undertaking a competency assessment programme are required to follow the process set out by the Nursing Council, and prior to enquiring should first visit the New Zealand Nursing Council website for candidate information.
If you have met the Nursing Council criteria and wish to undertake a competency course at Rannerdale further information in relation to; the application process, eligibility for placement and course associated costs are contained within the Rannerdale CAP Information Booklet.
If your application is successful, international candidates (and candidates traveling from other parts of New Zealand) qualify to board in our onsite accommodation while completing the course. Further information in relation to this can be found within the CAP Student Accommodation Information Sheet. Please refer to the following link for the Guest Compendium.
**Applications now open for 2018 CAP courses**
Please submit your applications for screening as soon as possible to be considered for one of the intakes mentioned below:
CAP PROGRAMME DATES 2018:
- Monday 15th January – Sunday 25th February
- Monday 12th February – Sunday 25th March
- Monday 19th March – Sunday 29th April
- Monday 16th April – Sunday 27th May
- Monday 21st May – Sunday 1st July
- Monday 18th June – Sunday 29th July
- Monday 23rd July – Sunday 2nd September
- Monday 16th August – Sunday 30th September
- Monday 24th September – Sunday 4th November
- Monday 22nd October – Sunday 2nd December
The programme runs for six weeks (2 weeks theory, 4 weeks clinical).
If you would like to apply, please email the following documentation to .
1) Letter of approval to undertake a competency assessment programme (from the Nursing Council of New Zealand)
2) IELTs or OET results
3) A copy of your passport (if already residing / working in NZ a copy of your visa is also required)
4) International Criminal History Record results (a report is required for each country that you have lived in for more than 6 months consecutively)
5) Your Curriculum Vitae, outlining relevant nursing qualifications and experience (N.B. Rannerdale only accepts applications from internationally qualified nurses who hold a Bachelors Degree in nursing. We do not place nurses holding hospital certificates or diplomas)
6) Letters of employment (containing employment commencement and finish dates), stating the responsibilities of the position held